Monday, April 15, 2013

Spring Blooms and Paperweight


Sometimes I just feel like fresh flowers and dichroic glass.


Here I have completed all the initial washes; I painted each object separately wet-in-wet, then painted the background and foreground wet-in-wet as well.  I am enjoy the bright pink color of a paint called Opera even though it's a fugitive color.  I will need to frame this painting with UV protective glass or plexiglass.

Here I have darkened some of the mid and dark values and begun to neutralize the background.

Finally I have darkened the darkest areas and stroked on colored pencil as needed to help some inadvertantly dulled areas sparkle again.  Your comments are always welcome.  This piece is 10" x 15" and is available for $285 unframed, or $450 framed.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment