Monday, February 13, 2012

A friend suggests an improvement

February sunrise on 3 Crabs Pond
Remember this painting? I said I wasn't sure I was finished with it and I wasn't!

My friend Pat Star noticed that I had unintentionally created an arrow shape (with the reeds in the lower right) that directed the viewer's eye out of the picture frame. Since I want the viewer to stay in the picture frame, I took the point off the arrow and darkened the lower right corner to give it more weight. I was unhappy with the stacatto effect of these reeds too, so I grouped some of them to make stronger shapes and draw less attention to them.

Finally I added a band of ice blue on the right in the distance just to carry the idea of ice on the pond through the piece.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment